It only takes a single serious ER issue to turn into a fiscal and reputational organisation-wide disaster. This is particularly true in the current operating environment. COVID-19 has seen workforces scatter, and employees are reporting feelings of isolation, fear and uncertainty. Mental health issues are on the rise, and without a well supported workforce, a business simply cannot operate efficiently.
Organisations also have a responsibility legally, and in the court of public opinion, to operate ethically while being compliant to all industry and governmental regulations.
HR case management software also helps to manage organisational risk. By having an organisation-wide, centralised portal where all ER cases are tracked and managed, ensures a consistent approach, compliant tracking and documentation, and makes it far less likely a case will slip through the cracks.
Importantly, BI and analytics provide a tool for organisations to track ER trends and issues in real-time, so any ER issues can be identified and managed before they become organisation-wide problems.
Quick fact: Without proper case management and tracking, valuable ER information may be missed, and without compliant collected and stored documentation, legal cases may be lost.
Workplace misconduct that isn’t investigated and remedied quickly can result in expensive legal and settlement costs, while liability for ethics and compliance failures extends to company executives, who can be held criminally responsible for the ethical lapses of the organisation.
12 reasons why every organisation needs HR case management software
- Eliminates blind spots and information silos.
- Centralises all case information in an organised, accessible format for key stakeholders.
- Helps you spot patterns and recurring issues in employee misconduct, safety and security and discrimination.
- Protects your organisation against liability in cases of recurring employee misconduct or safety and security issues.
- Minimises risk associated with spreadsheets or homegrown systems or separate solutions, and stops valuable information slipping through the cracks.
- Promotes transparency by capturing every complaint.
- Fast-tracking case progress by monitoring it in real-time.
- Uses alerts and notifications to enforce a consistent investigative process and provide early notice for cases that are off track or high risk.
- Saves you time and money, by helping you create investigation reports in seconds and close cases faster.
- Enables data-driven decision making, trend-forecasting and predictive modelling.
- Allows you to understand the root causes of misconduct.
- Helps you comply with industry regulations.
To find out more, check out our free HR Case Management Software Playbook.